Vida Nueva of Northeast Georgia - Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith
We believe in, and profess, God, The Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.
We believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried. He descended into hell, the third day He rose again from the dead, He ascended into heaven, and sits on the right hand of God The Father Almighty. From thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Church universal, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen
We believe and profess:
- In one true God, eternally revealed in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deut. 6:4; Isaiah 43:10; Matt. 28:19; Luke 3:22)
- The Bible is the inspired and inerrant (in its original manuscripts) Word of God and a complete guide for faith and practice. (2 Tim. 3:15 - 17; I Thess. 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21)
- In the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ -- His pre-incarnate life, (John 1:1), the Virgin birth (Matt 1:23), His sinless life (Heb. 7:26), His miracles (Acts 2:22; Acts 10:38), His substitutionary work ( I Cor. 15:3), His bodily resurrection (Matt. 28:6), and His exaltation. (Acts1:9.)
- In the fall of mankind which separated us from God, mankind's total helplessness in accomplishing reconciliation, and the salvation of all persons by grace through personal faith in Jesus Christ, the one and only Saviour. (Gen. 1:26,27; Gen. 2:17; Gen. 3:6; Luke 24:47; John 3:3; Eph. 2:8,9)
- In water baptism as commanded in the Scriptures (Matt.28:19; Acts 2:38; Rom.6:3,4), and in the celebration of the Lord's supper, remembering Christ's death, resurrection, and promised return. (1 Cor 11:26, 2 Peter 1:4)
- In the church, the living body of Christ, not meant for division, but inhabited by the Holy Spirit and manifested in individuals and local groups of believers, committed to one another and the headship of Christ. (Eph. 1:22,23; Eph. 2:22; Heb. 12:23)
- In the sanctification of the believers. (Rom 12:1,2; I Thess 5:23; Rom 6:11; I Cor 10:31)
- In the resurrection of the dead in Christ and the changing of those alive in Him, upon His return; the taking of all believers to be with Him, and eternal peace and reward for the righteous. (I Thess 4:16; Rom 8:23; Titus 2:13; I Cor 15:51,52; I Cor 3:12-15)
- In the final judgement of the wicked and their eternal punishment. (Mark 9:43-48; Rev 19:20; Matt 25:46)
- The promise of a new heaven and a new earth. (2 Peter 3:33; Rev 21:22)